The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

writing tips for a book review

pls provide writings tips for a book review?
Original post by zoetaylor333
pls provide writings tips for a book review?

Hi there, just as a disclaimer, the first (and only) time I've ever written a book review was back in sixth form as part of my A-level English Language and Literature course work, so I'm sure there will be much more experienced people on TSR who can advise you better than I can, however these are my tips:-

- I'd start by writing a couple of sentences about what the book is about (although be careful not to give away any major spoilers, particularly if the book is fiction).

- What did you like about the book? Was it informative, enjoyable, did it end on a cliff hanger?

- What did you dislike? Was the ending predictable or, if the book was non-fiction, was it lacking in detail about the subject matter? Anything you would have done differently if you were the author?

- A summary for completeness, e.g. 'Overall I found this book very enjoyable, however I felt that it was lacking in detail around X'

- You could also give the book a rating out of 10, depending on where you plan on publishing your book review.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by megster1
Hi there, just as a disclaimer, the first (and only) time I've ever written a book review was back in sixth form as part of my A-level English Language and Literature course work, so I'm sure there will be much more experienced people on TSR who can advise you better than I can, however these are my tips:-

- I'd start by writing a couple of sentences about what the book is about (although be careful not to give away any major spoilers, particularly if the book is fiction).

- What did you like about the book? Was it informative, enjoyable, did it end on a cliff hanger?

- What did you dislike? Was the ending predictable or, if the book was non-fiction, was it lacking in detail about the subject matter? Anything you would have done differently if you were the author?

- A summary for completeness, e.g. 'Overall I found this book very enjoyable, however I felt that it was lacking in detail around X'

- You could also give the book a rating out of 10, depending on where you plan on publishing your book review.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Please will need Clinically Oriented Anatomy by Keith L. And the which you can help me find

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending