The Student Room Group

i'm gaining weight but i'm not eating

i'm at uni so only eat once or twice a day, not anything super unhealthy like fast food all the time, i normally make pastas, salads, pasta salads lol, meat dishes, etc. and occasionally frozen foods if i'm feeling lazy.

i don't go to the gym but i do a lot of walking every day as my campus is very far away from my accommodation and i force myself to walk rather than spend money on public transport everyday. lots of walking up hills and stairs as well.

for some reason i've started to gain a bit of weight especially around my face and stomach. i'm eating less than i used to when i wasn't at uni (but a lot healthier- my dad only orders takeaways for us back home) and i'm doing a LOT more exercise, but i'm just becoming CHUBBY?!!?!??! what is happening to meeee it's making me sad lol bc i used to have a skinny face but now the healthier-diet-and-more-exercise is making me gain weight????????

i'm not pregnant or anything so am i dying or what
Reply 1
Original post by fudgeyx
i'm at uni so only eat once or twice a day, not anything super unhealthy like fast food all the time, i normally make pastas, salads, pasta salads lol, meat dishes, etc. and occasionally frozen foods if i'm feeling lazy.

i don't go to the gym but i do a lot of walking every day as my campus is very far away from my accommodation and i force myself to walk rather than spend money on public transport everyday. lots of walking up hills and stairs as well.

for some reason i've started to gain a bit of weight especially around my face and stomach. i'm eating less than i used to when i wasn't at uni (but a lot healthier- my dad only orders takeaways for us back home) and i'm doing a LOT more exercise, but i'm just becoming CHUBBY?!!?!??! what is happening to meeee it's making me sad lol bc i used to have a skinny face but now the healthier-diet-and-more-exercise is making me gain weight????????

hiya, i don't think it should be anything to worry about though if you are genuinely concerned i would consult a doctor. I'm no expert but sometimes it has to do with hormones. especially if you have gone on birth control. It may also be that when you are eating less your metabolism will also slow down as it is balancing out. Yet again, i am no expert and i doubt anyone here is as well so if you are concerned i think best to consult a doctor. Though it shouldn't be anything to worry about. xx :smile:
Original post by fudgeyx

Do you drink alcohol/ fizzy drinks.?
How it is possible if you are not eating too much but your are still getting fats I think then you should contact a physician ...
heya have you heard of second puberty that happens to girls between the ages of 18-23? its body recomposition whereby girls start gaining weight around the tummy, thighs and arms especially :smile: also alcohol could be a factor as well, one shot of vodka has like 100 calories 😭
*decides not to mention the joys of perimenopause and the weight gain which comes, along with all the other hot flashy stuff*
Original post by fudgeyx

Now, Im no expert but lemme tell you a bit about all the experiments Ive done.

I've done all the diets that can come into your mind, and honestly not all of them have worked but I've learned valuable lessons.

now, as other people said it could be alcohol, especially beer as the carbohydrates within beer are insanly high. Along with this it could be coffee. Now, I dont know where you live, but living in Canada Tim hortans is a major cause for gaining weight. Like MAJOR. So, if you've been stacking up with, coffee, alcohol or even fuzzy drinks. Cut it out. Limit it out.

Secondly, if you so some research if you eat too less you could be gaining weight. I know sounds weird and not realistic. But its true.

I've added a link which leads you to a detailed article regarding this.

Do have a look, if u got any questions HMU?

https://www.nutrisense.io/blog/can-undereating-cause-weight-gain#:~:text=Undereating%20may%20cause%20weight%20gain,a%20host%20of%20health%20issues.

Quick Reply

Latest