The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City, UoLondon deleted my student record, university email address and all my data

I graduated from City with a first. Most of the tutors were excellent although a few took a spiteful dislike to me, possibly due to my being a mature student who'd done rather than taught. Guess they didn't have it.

However, I set that aside and marched with their union to support their strikes, one of the only students to do so at that time. I tried to rise above the sly comments and criticisms. The IT department appeared particularly hostile to every request.

Once I had graduated the difficulties escalated. No graduation invitation, no certificate, repeated requests for the university to provide me with the qualification I'd worked like a dog for.

Then suddenly all my data was purposefully deleted along with my supposed alumni "email for life". All contacts, personal and academic data, medical and academic records, creative work, alumni access, everything. Four years of university history destroyed at their whim.

Its left a really bad taste to what should have been a period to be proud of. City, University of London will take your tens of thousands of pounds. But don't expect to be treated like a human being.
Original post by ExCity
I graduated from City with a first. Most of the tutors were excellent although a few took a spiteful dislike to me, possibly due to my being a mature student who'd done rather than taught. Guess they didn't have it.

However, I set that aside and marched with their union to support their strikes, one of the only students to do so at that time. I tried to rise above the sly comments and criticisms. The IT department appeared particularly hostile to every request.

Once I had graduated the difficulties escalated. No graduation invitation, no certificate, repeated requests for the university to provide me with the qualification I'd worked like a dog for.

Then suddenly all my data was purposefully deleted along with my supposed alumni "email for life". All contacts, personal and academic data, medical and academic records, creative work, alumni access, everything. Four years of university history destroyed at their whim.

Its left a really bad taste to what should have been a period to be proud of. City, University of London will take your tens of thousands of pounds. But don't expect to be treated like a human being.

How was City university? Would you recommend it for a course in economics?
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Original post by ExCity

All universities delete data like this once the student has finished their studies. You would have received plenty of emails advising you of this, and that you needed to download any data you wanted to keep, as it was going to be deleted after date X.
Reply 3
Original post by ExCity
H

Honestly, I'm so worried about this happening to me. I'm returning to my home country to finish out and City has been a bit of a nightmare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending