The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MSc/MPhil Sociology 2023

Has anyone applied for either of these programs this cycle? I applied for the MPhil sociology and am being re evaluated with the March applicants. Their last email to me indicated all such re evaluated cases should hear back by the first week in April.
Reply 1
Original post by hinaatx
Hi - I applied to the MSc in Sociology and my button disappeared

Hey, mine has just disappeared also! Hoping its good news for us both
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by hinaatx
tho with me, since my background isn't too much of a humanities course, I know that I'll be rejected 😭
if you don't mind me asking, what's ur background?

You said humanities, but do you mean social science? Sociology is very social sciences heavy.

Also, you never know! Its not unheard of for people of different backgrounds to get in

Im a sociology undergrad and currently pursuing a postgrad diploma in gender and development. Wby?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hinaatx
oh yeaaa i mean the Humanities and Social Science department studying econ & business (which isn't too social science heavy e.g., compared to psychology, politics, etc). I'm currently an undergrad so im guessing ur gna be doing the MPhil?

Oh gotcha! I just haven't hears soc sci and humanities grouped together like that before.
Yes hoping for acceptance for the MPhil!
Also i think you have a shot as an econ major still, econ and sociology are related in many ways. Hope for the best for you <3
Reply 4
Just received my offer for the Mphil in sociology ☺️💫 wishing everyone patience while waiting and good results sooner than later!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending