The Student Room Group

Oxford 2024 DPhils (Law & Socio-legal)/BCL/MSCs/MJUR/MPhil/MLF Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #9
Whooo congrats!
Thanks, but obviously I need funding and apparently I need to achieve 67 per cent in the BCL so trying not to get too excited lol.

I don't understand why very few people have heard back. Not sure whether they're going in alphabetical order, as my surname begins with a D?
Original post by Anonymous #16
Rejected. Unsuccessful. So devastated, and such a painful and anxiety fuelled wait. But glad the decision is finally out so I can move on and decide my next steps
I'm so sorry mate, onwards and upwards!!
Original post by oxstudent
I'm so sorry mate, onwards and upwards!!
Any idea about chances from waitlist. I have been waitlisted for both dphil and mphil law.
Original post by MMR2024
Any idea about chances from waitlist. I have been waitlisted for both dphil and mphil law.
MMR2024, I am curious when did your upload button disappear?

Congratulations on the waitlists and wishing you receive an offer soon.
Original post by Anonymous #5
MMR2024, I am curious when did your upload button disappear?
Congratulations on the waitlists and wishing you receive an offer soon.
My upload button never disappeared. Its still there. Thank you for wishing me luck, however, not quite sure where do I stand now.
Collecting data points on the button theory for fun and for next year's applicants

At least one applicant whose button disappeared later than others (I think on Thursday - March 14, 2024, as opposed to Monday - March 11, 2024 for others) was admitted.

At least one applicant whose button never disappeared was waitlisted.

Feel free to add more data points. Thanks.
Reply 126
Hi everyone. My portal has changed to unsuccessful (DPhil in Law). I would be grateful if those successful could give any leads on what I should look into doing better - it is the second time I get rejected. Happy to receive any help and grateful if one is willing to help beyond this thread. All the best to everyone.
Original post by Pk234
Hi everyone. My portal has changed to unsuccessful (DPhil in Law). I would be grateful if those successful could give any leads on what I should look into doing better - it is the second time I get rejected. Happy to receive any help and grateful if one is willing to help beyond this thread. All the best to everyone.
Sorry mate, very happy to help you out. Please message me directly. :smile:
Reply 128
Button disappeared on Thursday yet it was unsuccessful for MLF. The button theory is flawed.
Original post by Anonymous #5
Collecting data points on the button theory for fun and for next year's applicants
At least one applicant whose button disappeared later than others (I think on Thursday - March 14, 2024, as opposed to Monday - March 11, 2024 for others) was admitted.
At least one applicant whose button never disappeared was waitlisted.
Feel free to add more data points. Thanks.
BCL applicant. Anyone still waiting? My portal still says "ready for assessment"
The button disappearing is nonsense and people need to stop going on about it. It's absolutely not helpful to future applicants
Original post by melonandrice
The button disappearing is nonsense and people need to stop going on about it. It's absolutely not helpful to future applicants

Agreed. There was absolutely no pattern this year regarding the MSc!
Reply 132
When unsuccessful, how can I ask to access the data of the ranking of my application within the applicants? Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending