The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Alcohol free accommodation

Does anyone know if Reading offers alchol free accommodation?
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know if Reading offers alchol free accommodation?

Hey @anonymous #1

Great question - this was something I was interested in myself when I was applying to accommodation too.
There is a section on the application form to add extra information that you think the university needs to know, which can include alcohol preferences. They aim to cater to these requests as much as possible, so it's definitely worth adding! This section is clearly stated on the form, with examples, so this should be easy to find, but let us know if you have any issues.
You may also be interested in the university's option of 'quieter lifestyle' halls, which are aimed at students who consider themselves to have a 'quieter' lifestyle, which could include less drinking/partying. You can find out more information about this in our Accommodation guide on pages 12-16.

If you have any specific queries/worries about this, you could also contact the accommodation team directly via [email protected] or Tel +44 (0)118 200 5011

Hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any other questions!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @anonymous #1

Great question - this was something I was interested in myself when I was applying to accommodation too.
There is a section on the application form to add extra information that you think the university needs to know, which can include alcohol preferences. They aim to cater to these requests as much as possible, so it's definitely worth adding! This section is clearly stated on the form, with examples, so this should be easy to find, but let us know if you have any issues.
You may also be interested in the university's option of 'quieter lifestyle' halls, which are aimed at students who consider themselves to have a 'quieter' lifestyle, which could include less drinking/partying. You can find out more information about this in our Accommodation guide on pages 12-16.

If you have any specific queries/worries about this, you could also contact the accommodation team directly via [email protected] or Tel +44 (0)118 200 5011

Hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any other questions!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Thank you for the responce 🙂
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the responce 🙂

Not a problem @anonymous #1! Please let us know if you have any other questions about accommodation or Reading in general :smile:

Lottie
GRTUK and Reading Alumna (History)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending