The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MSc in Sustainability, Enterprise and the Environment

Scroll to see replies

Any updates or news from other MSEE applicants?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by kopchop
Im at Duke now as an undergrad and took a decent amount of the MEM's classes, so can answer any questions if you need

Ahh that's amazing! Did you take any Business & the Environment courses? My fear is that they're gonna be too conventional/MBA-type. That's why I liked Oxford's program more - it seems to be a tad more disruptive than the typical CSR/ESG bs
Original post by Anonymous
Unfortunately, I did not. Regret that decision. I was told at a later stage that there are a lot of excelled sustainability themed masters in the US.

Europe tends to be better abt sustainability so it makes sense you wouldn't. Just in case if you want a plan b, Wake Forest is still taking applications for their MA in Sustainability
Ahh that's amazing! Did you take any Business & the Environment courses? My fear is that they're gonna be too conventional/MBA-type. That's why I liked Oxford's program more - it seems to be a tad more disruptive than the typical CSR/ESG bs

maybe DM me with any questions you might, have so we don't spam. I have taken a lot of economics and finance class in relation to energy and sustainability, so happy to share about my experience
Original post by kopchop
maybe DM me with any questions you might, have so we don't spam. I have taken a lot of economics and finance class in relation to energy and sustainability, so happy to share about my experience

will do, can't send private DMs yet lol bc I joined this platform yesteday. Thanks for the willingness to help :smile: And best of luck to everyone else who applied to MSEE
Anyone hear of anyone with responses? Heard of two people with offers, does that mean they send out acceptance first and the rest is left to squirm with little hope?
Original post by kopchop
Anyone hear of anyone with responses? Heard of two people with offers, does that mean they send out acceptance first and the rest is left to squirm with little hope?

where did you hear that from?
Saw one on Grad Cafe and one here, might be the same person not sure

where did you hear that from?
Not to jump to conclusions, but I found this thread from the MSEE 2021 applicants . From the looks of it, rejections are released all at once (letters sent out Saturday, 27th March 2021), while someone received an offer a week prior. Can't be sure, but it seems that if this trend carried over, offers were sent out last weekend (GradCafe and TSR people said), and the rest of us can expect rejections.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I just read through the portals, and everything I am saying is based on assumptions, hopefully not sending out panic or too much disappointment. Would love to be wrong on this, we will see soon
Original post by kopchop
Not to jump to conclusions, but I found this thread from the MSEE 2021 applicants . From the looks of it, rejections are released all at once (letters sent out Saturday, 27th March 2021), while someone received an offer a week prior. Can't be sure, but it seems that if this trend carried over, offers were sent out last weekend (GradCafe and TSR people said), and the rest of us can expect rejections.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I just read through the portals, and everything I am saying is based on assumptions, hopefully not sending out panic or too much disappointment. Would love to be wrong on this, we will see soon

never had high hopes of an offer anyway... given the stats...
Just got rejected lol
Any applicants for the 2024 intake? Are stats still as tight as last year? Applied last early November. So I'm anxiously awaiting
I applied too. Anxiously waiting
Original post by Anonymous #6
I applied too. Anxiously waiting

Have you heard of any rejections or acceptances already?
Has anyone's upload button disappeared? I know it might not mean much but mine is still there
Original post by Anonymous #7
Has anyone's upload button disappeared? I know it might not mean much but mine is still there

Mine is still there. When did you apply
Original post by Anonymous #5
Mine is still there. When did you apply

I applied for the November 10th deadline!
GPA 4.0 with several publications. Got my rejection letter just 4 weeks after the deadline. I am still in shock :frown:. Still wish it was a mistake. Is it possible to make an appeal when it was stated that "in line with University policy, we are unable to provide feedback on our reasons for rejecting or selecting candidates"?
Original post by Anonymous #8
GPA 4.0 with several publications. Got my rejection letter just 4 weeks after the deadline. I am still in shock :frown:. Still wish it was a mistake. Is it possible to make an appeal when it was stated that "in line with University policy, we are unable to provide feedback on our reasons for rejecting or selecting candidates"?

This course seems so competitive. Don’t worry you must have other good places to go to. I did not have any publications so I will just wait for the rejection.
Does anyone know if you are at a disadvantage by applying at the January deadline? Most programmes have 3 deadlines, this one has two. Do you think they fill most seats with November applicants or split half and half?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending