The Student Room Group

Kcl dentistry 24 entry

I achieved 88877777766 at GCSE's, reckon I could still make it?
Of course can, you sound like a very smart cookie. Well done for the grades!
Reply 2
Original post by set1xoxo
I achieved 88877777766 at GCSE's, reckon I could still make it?

You will probably need UCAT above 3000 to compensate for the lack of 8xA* (8s and 9s) GCSEs. Try applying to unis that don't grade applicants by their UCAT + GCSE grades. Unfortunately I don't think you stand a chance with 3 xA* GCSEs for KCL.
Last year my son didn't get a KCL interview with 2740 and 7 x A*. He will try again with 2990 UCAT this year. You need to decide where to apply according to your UCAT score. I think anything below 2750 will probably not get you many interviews.
Good luck with the other unis!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Dentappmom
You will probably need UCAT above 3000 to compensate for the lack of 8xA* (8s and 9s) GCSEs. Try applying to unis that don't grade applicants by their UCAT + GCSE grades. I don't think you stand a chance with 3 xA*
Last year my son didn't get a KCL interview with 2740 and 7 x A*. He will try again with 2990 UCAT this year. You need to decide where to apply according to your UCAT score. I think anything below 2750 will probably not get you any interviews.

Reminder to take everything you see on here with a pinch of salt. Scores below 2750 are still able to secure 4 interviews as long as you apply strategically, do your research and see what each uni looks for and you should have a good shot. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest