The Student Room Group

any tips from ppl who passed their gsces?

title
(edited 1 year ago)
is there anything specific you want to know, or just generally?
Original post by oursgrace
title

Past papers. You should complete past papers that can be found on GCSE provider websites, i.e. aqa and the like. I also recommend that when you do this, have resources from that subject next to you so if you cannot answer a question and you can't think about what the answer may be, you can look at the answer and quickly revise that topic. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair
is there anything specific you want to know, or just generally?

the best ways to revise, also how to us revision guides effectively and how to deal with exam stress?
title

Lots of physics and maths tutor past paper questions, building log of questions you frequently get wrong and making sure you're able to hit as many marking points (found in markscheme - please attempt the question yourself before look at the markscheme, otherwise it's ineffective) as possible. Have a look on examiner's report in exam board websites to see what previous years didn't do so well on and make sure you cover those topic areas.
the best ways to revise, also how to us revision guides effectively and how to deal with exam stress?

anything that uses active recall is ideal, I don't really know how to use a revision guide effectively, and for exam stress, it is best to go into the exam knowing that you will do your best and you can't do any more than that.
for subjects which you can't really cram for, i.e., maths, languages etc..., practice little and often. For other subjects, doing past papers and collecting questions which you have got wrong, making your own notes (outside of school) is what I would advise. If you don't get a concept, you could always ask ChatGPT - it's surprisingly good at explaining concepts in a comprehensive way - or watch youtube videos.

In the actual exam, make sure your writing is neat and legible. Examiners tend to mark more harshly if your writing is hard to read
(edited 1 year ago)
title

Heya!
Generally, I would recommend making sure you do lots of practice questions and go over the mark schemes. If it helps, Study Mind has free practice questions you can use to help you with your revision! there are also plenty of revision notes as well!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest