The Student Room Group

toxic friends??

one time i was with this girl at a mall and i saw a cute guy, so i went into the store he was in so i could possibly get his snap or number, then my friend said " he doesn’t want you" "your ugly." i pretend she didnt say anything so i kept trying to go up to him, but she kept calling me ugly and he wouldn’t t want to give me his number. should i still keep contact with her? she also embarrassed me in front of a group of boys on purpose one other time. i think i should drop her but im just scared to loose the only person i talk to.
Better to have no friends than one toxic one that brings you down and humiliates you, the things she's saying to you are disgusting. Drop her so fast.
Original post by Anonymous
one time i was with this girl at a mall and i saw a cute guy, so i went into the store he was in so i could possibly get his snap or number, then my friend said " he doesn’t want you" "your ugly." i pretend she didnt say anything so i kept trying to go up to him, but she kept calling me ugly and he wouldn’t t want to give me his number. should i still keep contact with her? she also embarrassed me in front of a group of boys on purpose one other time. i think i should drop her but im just scared to loose the only person i talk to.

well,i'd rather you talk to her...just start by saying that you're the only friend i have' just cuz some people blow up when accused or smth....discuss ur heart out and then, if she wishes to no longer continue being friends,then be it!in the very least,you will not be left feeling guilty for breaking up with her...its not good to have companions who lower your self-esteem...it would be better for you to discuss your emotions with a diary or by an online friend perhaps(if u have difficulty in being social)....or just find other ways that keep you happy and away from the downsides of life(some people do fitness,while others unleash the hidden talents within themselves by focusing and solving issues within themselves)...i dont think its appropriate to waste time on such toxic friends or finding a friend who would listen to you..rather, you should search within yourself for happiness,as you deserve it!
She's just showing off because you're in front of lads. Potentionally envies your confidence to just go ahead and ask for a guys number.

Talk to her about the fact she keeps insulting your appearance and putting you down in public. If she denies it, give examples. If she continues to deny it, drop her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending