The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

1st Year Undergrad Edinburgh University Accomadation

Hey Guys,

I'm currently searching for my 1st year accom, I believe most 1st years end up in Pollock Halls and so I was wondering if someone could give me the low down on what each house is like, for example, is Baird house a social, bustling, loud house or is it a chill, no drinking and private house?

I'm very extroverted and so I'm leaning towards a more social and out going house rather than a slightly more chilled one.

I also wouldn't mind any other infomation like:

- What's the bathroom situation?
- Are the walls thin?
- Is the house pretty clean or will it smell mouldy?
- how's the communal area/Kitchen space?

etc.

Thanks guys!!!
The vibe of the houses will change based on the year depending on the people, the only stereotypes which endure are that people in John Burnett keep to themselves, and that people in Chancellors are annoying. If you're in Turner, Lee, Baird, Grant or Ewing, the interiors are pretty much the same for all of them. For any of these houses there are 2 bathrooms per corridor, from memory it worked out to be 4/5 people per bathroom, there is a sink in every bedroom though. I can't ever remember both bathrooms being occupied at the same time. Imo the walls are pretty thin, not thin enough to hear normal conversations but if people are shouting you will hear. Cleanliness depends on the people you're with, there are cleaners for the common areas a couple of times a week. There is only a microwave and fridge in the pantry, so really only suitable for snacks.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending