The Student Room Group

£12,332 maintenance loan?

Hi,

I’ve been approved for £12,332 in maintenance loan for 23/24.
I’m 30, not dependent on parents, and will be studying full time outside of London. I am a little worried that my loan award is higher than the maximum allowed for someone in my position. Any ideas as to why I’ve been approved for this much?
The only reason I can think this might be is because I’m studying a shortage subject (mental health nursing), but there’s no explanation anywhere of why I might be awarded this amount.
I’m not complaining, but equally I don’t want to get hit with demands for repayment for a miscalculation on SFE’s end like I did during my first degree.

Wondering if anyone can clue me in here?

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by holy toast
Hi,

I’m 30, not dependent on parents, and will be studying full time outside of London. I am a little worried that my loan award is higher than the maximum allowed for someone in my position. Any ideas as to why I’ve been approved for this much?
The only reason I can think this might be is because I’m studying a shortage subject (mental health nursing), but there’s no explanation anywhere of why I might be awarded this amount.
I’m not complaining, but equally I don’t want to get hit with demands for repayment for a miscalculation on SFE’s end like I did during my first degree.

Thanks

Hi there, So we can look into your awarded amount of funding we do need to access your account. Please contact us by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to answer all of your queries. Thanks, Angela
hey, did you find out anything about this? I have been awarded the same amount of maintenance loan and I’m 31, not dependent on parent and going to be studying full time outside of London. Also, I’m doing a dietetic course so wasn’t sure if it was right? Thanks!

Thanks
Are you claiming any benefits that would make you eligible for additional loan amounts?

Also some courses with longer term dates will result in loan awards above the “maximum”
Original post by Sophier91
hey, did you find out anything about this? I have been awarded the same amount of maintenance loan and I’m 31, not dependent on parent and going to be studying full time outside of London. Also, I’m doing a dietetic course so wasn’t sure if it was right? Thanks!

Thanks

Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat on your account and the team can look over your entitlement. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending