The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

application help

hello! i’m an american who’s looking at studying abroad in england, specifically Birmingham City University, and i’ve been having a hard time finding advice and help on applying for things that aren’t ads lol. i get a bit mixed up on the application process, like i’m considering a student visa but i can’t find much on whether to apply as an international student or not. if i could get more resources or just a general on how the uni application process in the UK works it would be greatly appreciated! thank you! :^)
(edited 1 year ago)
Just a thought - I would very strongly recommend you consider studying in the Netherlands instead - similar world-wide uni prestige, but at less than half the price. There is likewise government accommodation cost help. A Dutch EU residence permit would also be far more useful than a UK one. Perhaps you could explore the possibility
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by possiblyjinnie
hello! i’m an american who’s looking at studying abroad in england, specifically Birmingham City University, and i’ve been having a hard time finding advice and help on applying for things that aren’t ads lol. i get a bit mixed up on the application process, like i’m considering a student visa but i can’t find much on whether to apply as an international student or not. if i could get more resources or just a general on how the uni application process in the UK works it would be greatly appreciated! thank you! :^)

For all full-time undergraduate degrees in the UK you apply through a central service called UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Their web site (ucas.com) has all the information you could possibly want about the process, the timings, the costs, etc.

Their dedicated page for international students is here.

It'd also be with looking at the Birmingham City University web site (www.bcu.ac.uk) so see what their entry requirements are for your course, as a US applicant.

Finally, you may well be aware (but just in case you're not), Birmingham City University is not the same as the University of Birmingham (www.birmingham.ac.uk).

If you still have questions after reading through all that (you will have!), then just ask away.
Original post by DataVenia
For all full-time undergraduate degrees in the UK you apply through a central service called UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). Their web site (ucas.com) has all the information you could possibly want about the process, the timings, the costs, etc.

Their dedicated page for international students is here.

It'd also be with looking at the Birmingham City University web site (www.bcu.ac.uk) so see what their entry requirements are for your course, as a US applicant.

Finally, you may well be aware (but just in case you're not), Birmingham City University is not the same as the University of Birmingham (www.birmingham.ac.uk).

If you still have questions after reading through all that (you will have!), then just ask away.

hi!! sorry for the late reply but thank you so much, i really appreciate it!!! that’s the most help i’ve got. you’re the best, thanks again! :^D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending