The Student Room Group

Would it be strange if a lesbian friend slapped your bum?

I’m straight, with a boyfriend, and it’s not uncommon for my (straight) female friends to slap my bum in like, a playful way; I do the same. I’m sure others with close female friends do similar. My boyfriend brought up the other day, that it was strange that my lesbian, and bisexual friend did the same to me. I’ve never really thought of it as weird, because at the end of the day, we’re all close friends. He said it would be the same if a male friend slapped my bum.

But, what’s the general consensus here? Is it weird?
Hi,

I mean personally I have female friends (straight, bisexual and lesbian) who slap my bum in a playful way and I do the same in return. When out clubbing and drinking, we often also end up dancing together, sitting on each others laps and generally just messing around. My boyfriend of 5 years does not see a problem with this as, regarding my bisexual and lesbian friends, he knows that I don’t share the same orientation and we’re good friends, so there is no substance behind what they’re doing 💁🏼*♀️ they don’t fancy me and vice versa 🙂

I can understand your boyfriends view on it, although just based off personal experience, I don’t deem it an issue. His logic makes a little sense that it is similar to a male friend doing it, but after all, you’re with him and identify as straight. Therefore it is a bit different to another girl (who you’re definitely not attracted to) slapping your bum.

To be honest, I kinda understand his point but I would have to say I don’t agree that it’s strange or there is anything wrong with it 💁🏼*♀️ you and your friends know your own boundaries after all 😊
It's not weird or sexual.

Gay people are fully capable of seperating between platonic same-sex friendships and relationships. If you'd let a straight woman do it, then don't question a gay woman's intentions - you've already established that it is perfectly normal between women in your friendship group. Her sexuality shouldn't be relevant.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
If you’re all happy with it as a playful friendly gesture it’s fine. Don’t believe heterosexual guys tend to go around slapping each other arses
Original post by Sparklered1
Hi,

I mean personally I have female friends (straight, bisexual and lesbian) who slap my bum in a playful way and I do the same in return. When out clubbing and drinking, we often also end up dancing together, sitting on each others laps and generally just messing around. My boyfriend of 5 years does not see a problem with this as, regarding my bisexual and lesbian friends, he knows that I don’t share the same orientation and we’re good friends, so there is no substance behind what they’re doing 💁🏼*♀️ they don’t fancy me and vice versa 🙂

I can understand your boyfriends view on it, although just based off personal experience, I don’t deem it an issue. His logic makes a little sense that it is similar to a male friend doing it, but after all, you’re with him and identify as straight. Therefore it is a bit different to another girl (who you’re definitely not attracted to) slapping your bum.

To be honest, I kinda understand his point but I would have to say I don’t agree that it’s strange or there is anything wrong with it 💁🏼*♀️ you and your friends know your own boundaries after all 😊

I agree! But, I can see it from his perspective too. Thank you, I’ll steal your post and try to explain it to him like this!
Original post by 1582
It's not weird or sexual.

Gay people are fully capable of seperating between platonic same-sex friendships and relationships. If you'd let a straight woman do it, then don't question a gay woman's intentions - you've already established that it is perfectly normal between women in your friendship group. Her sexuality shouldn't be relevant.

That’s the way I see it. But, equally, I can see it from my boyfriend’s perspective of it being the same as a male friend slapping my bum; which, would be a step too far for me. He said that if I allow my gay, male friends to slap my bum (as a joke/playful), but I don’t allow straight men to, why is it different for women?

I can see it from both sides, to be honest.
Original post by Zarek
If you’re all happy with it as a playful friendly gesture it’s fine. Don’t believe heterosexual guys tend to go around slapping each other arses

Haha, no. It’s funny how women sit on each others’ laps, compliment each others boobs/arses and I’ve known some straight women to kiss each other when drunk, yet they aren’t called lesbian. Yet, if a man even came close to another guys’ arse, he’s called gay. :rolleyes::confused:
Reply 7
Why is it more acceptable for a lesbian friend to slap your ass and not a guy friend? What's the difference? Whose to say she doesn't get a sick perverted satisfaction out it. I would keep the same engery for both.
Original post by xox416
Why is it more acceptable for a lesbian friend to slap your ass and not a guy friend? What's the difference? Whose to say she doesn't get a sick perverted satisfaction out it. I would keep the same engery for both.

That’s my boyfriends point, and I can see it from that perspective, too. I wouldn’t want my lesbian/bisexual friends to feel their being singled out, either, though. I’m torn.
Original post by Anonymous
I agree! But, I can see it from his perspective too. Thank you, I’ll steal your post and try to explain it to him like this!

No problem, glad I could be of some help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending