The Student Room Group

Aston Medical School Or Brunel Medical School?

Hi, I got an offer from both Aston and Brunel for Medicine. Which is better in terms of placements, safety, teaching staff, better job prospects, facilities and equipment,
approach to international students,etc.
Are they both likely to get GMC Approval?
Hi there,

As a medical student myself I can honestly say that in terms of job prospects and things pretty much all medical schools are on an even playing field due to the way the foundation programme is allocated. In terms of your other questions, I would recommend attending an open day where you will be able to get a feel for the university and facilities.
In terms of the GMC, all doctors have to meet the requirements laid out in their handbook. From 2024 all medical students will be sitting the MLA which is GMC regulated and a requirement to get a foundation post.

I hope this helps,

Ellen
Y3 Medical Student
University of Sunderland
Digital Ambassador
Original post by LillyRosie
Hi, I got an offer from both Aston and Brunel for Medicine. Which is better in terms of placements, safety, teaching staff, better job prospects, facilities and equipment,
approach to international students,etc.
Are they both likely to get GMC Approval?
Reply 2
Original post by University of Sunderland Student Ambassador
Hi there,

As a medical student myself I can honestly say that in terms of job prospects and things pretty much all medical schools are on an even playing field due to the way the foundation programme is allocated. In terms of your other questions, I would recommend attending an open day where you will be able to get a feel for the university and facilities.
In terms of the GMC, all doctors have to meet the requirements laid out in their handbook. From 2024 all medical students will be sitting the MLA which is GMC regulated and a requirement to get a foundation post.

I hope this helps,

Ellen
Y3 Medical Student
University of Sunderland
Digital Ambassador

Thank you so much for the response.

I also have a concern regarding the ECFMG 2024 policy...will UK Medical graduates no longer be eligible for residency and work in the US from 2024?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending