The Student Room Group

islamic student finance

hey to all the muslim students out there - how do you get around the problem of interest on student loans? i dont want to take on out but i have no idea how to afford it, could anyone give any tips or companies that help out?
Reply 1
hi there,

i'm a muslim student as well and have thought about this problem as well.
you should try to get a job as soon as possible and save up money to try pay off tuition fees.
look into scholarships, grants and bursaries provided by your university. sometimes you can find scholarships that will cover the whole cost of university.
try looking into apprenticeships as well. degree apprenticeships are getting quite popular recently. if you get an apprenticeship you can get a degree and work experience with no student debt or any student loans.
these are just some ways I would go about it but if worse comes to worse just take the loan out and after you finish university just pay it back as soon as possible.
Reply 2
Original post by Isa_04
hi there,

i'm a muslim student as well and have thought about this problem as well.
you should try to get a job as soon as possible and save up money to try pay off tuition fees.
look into scholarships, grants and bursaries provided by your university. sometimes you can find scholarships that will cover the whole cost of university.
try looking into apprenticeships as well. degree apprenticeships are getting quite popular recently. if you get an apprenticeship you can get a degree and work experience with no student debt or any student loans.
these are just some ways I would go about it but if worse comes to worse just take the loan out and after you finish university just pay it back as soon as possible.

thank you for replying! i've done pretty much all that, would be helpful if there were organisations that helped muslims in this situation pahaha. i was honestly about to apply for a degree apprenticeship but i got a place at my dream uni alhumdulilah so now the last thing i want to do is to have to decline the offer, inshallah it'll get paid. thanks again and good luck! if i find anything i'll send it over :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Isa_04
hi there,

nice user name

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending