The Student Room Group

gcse revision over easter

hi,
so i would like to achieve a good set of grades. my current predicted grades from the last set of mocks are
english Lit/Lang -99
maths - 7 (completely freaked out in the mock exam, would like an 8 minimum ideally a 9)
bio - 8
chem - 8
physics - 9
french - 7
geography - 9
rs - 9
art - 7
so my question is, to improve some of these, how many hours should i be doing a day and in those hours, what amount should be notes and what amount should be past papers/ active recall?
biology is a bit different for me because i'm basically going to have to teach myself the entire paper 2 as my teacher didn't get it all done in time🙄.
any answers would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
well, I'd say to spend more time on Language? cuz for language GCSE I think the only thing that can improve ur grade is to memorise all the vocab, It is obviously Easter now so probably don't memorise all of them but pick some very common vocabs that you can use everywhere, eg:
if there are always, often, usually, sometimes, barely, never, then I'll just pick 'often' and 'barely' to remember, I'll do around 30mins to remember certain numbers of vocab and come back to it later in the day again.

for the other subject I think ur grades are already good enough so probably spend more on papers instead of notes? like about 1-1.5 hours per subjects and 4 subjects per day?

for Art I think it's simply spending a lot of time to improve the quality and quantity of ur artworks so if u don't have enough time, just ignore it
Original post by kyli07
hi,
so i would like to achieve a good set of grades. my current predicted grades from the last set of mocks are
english Lit/Lang -99
maths - 7 (completely freaked out in the mock exam, would like an 8 minimum ideally a 9)
bio - 8
chem - 8
physics - 9
french - 7
geography - 9
rs - 9
art - 7
so my question is, to improve some of these, how many hours should i be doing a day and in those hours, what amount should be notes and what amount should be past papers/ active recall?
biology is a bit different for me because i'm basically going to have to teach myself the entire paper 2 as my teacher didn't get it all done in time🙄.

Heya!
It's not really about the quantity but the quality of your revision :h: Perhaps 6hrs is a bit too much but for example, 3-4hrs per day should be enough during the holidays (however it's u to you if you want to spend more or less time). If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources, especially for biology!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
(Original post by kyli07)hi,
english Lit/Lang -99
bio - 8
chem - 8
physics - 9
french - 7
geography - 9
rs - 9
art - 7

Original post by kyli07
hi,
english Lit/Lang -99
bio - 8
chem - 8
physics - 9
french - 7
geography - 9
rs - 9
art - 7

hi,well done on the results!!! im currently in year 10 hoping to achieve these but im not accademically the best as there are topics that ive complety left behind due to the fact i dont know what to do is there any tips you wold recoomedn??
Reply 4
Original post by iba.xoxo
(Original post by kyli07)hi,
english Lit/Lang -99
bio - 8
chem - 8
physics - 9
french - 7
geography - 9
rs - 9
art - 7

hi,well done on the results!!! im currently in year 10 hoping to achieve these but im not accademically the best as there are topics that ive complety left behind due to the fact i dont know what to do is there any tips you wold recoomedn??

hi, i would say focus more on the topics you aren't sure about and if you need to speak to your teachers about them or something. for me it really helped to revise with friends for tests and mocks etc in year 10 as if there was a topic i wasn't good at there would probably be someone there who understood it more. don't worry too much yet though because you still have loads of time

Quick Reply

Latest