The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Do Undergrads have to pay UCL Admission Deposit?

Hey guys! I just accepted UCL as my firm offer via UCAS today. Just wondering, do undergraduates need to pay an admission deposit of some sort (since I didn't see a link)?
Also how can I apply for accommodation since I need a UCL userID but they haven't generated one for me yet?
Original post by XueFei1102
Hey guys! I just accepted UCL as my firm offer via UCAS today. Just wondering, do undergraduates need to pay an admission deposit of some sort (since I didn't see a link)?
Also how can I apply for accommodation since I need a UCL userID but they haven't generated one for me yet?

have you logged into portico before? if so just use those details and login to the accommodation page, no need to sign up
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

For undergraduate degrees in the UK there aren't normally any fees like that. For some postgraduate courses there are though. I'm assuming as you applied through UCAS though that you were applying to an undergraduate course?

Note also if there are any fees to pay or additional steps to take, you will be able to find that information in portico so you should check there. It should have information about the terms of your offer and anything else you may need to do (for example uploading qualification results certificates etc) for that.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
For undergraduate degrees in the UK there aren't normally any fees like that. For some postgraduate courses there are though. I'm assuming as you applied through UCAS though that you were applying to an undergraduate course?

Note also if there are any fees to pay or additional steps to take, you will be able to find that information in portico so you should check there. It should have information about the terms of your offer and anything else you may need to do (for example uploading qualification results certificates etc) for that.

Heyyy! Thank you!
Yes, I did apply through UCAS. I checked through portico and there wasn't any info on fees or anything, not even notifications for me to upload my qualifications. I'm assuming it needs to take around 72 hours before the info syncs with UCAS since currently my application status is still "conditional offer"?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
have you logged into portico before? if so just use those details and login to the accommodation page, no need to sign up

Yep, I've logged into portico. But when I request for my UCL userID, it says that it's not ready for some reason. And when I use my portico info to sign in, it shows an "error" page.
I'm assuming it needs to take around 72 hours before the info on portico syncs with UCAS since currently my application status is still "conditional offer"?
Heyyy! Thank you!
Yes, I did apply through UCAS. I checked through portico and there wasn't any info on fees or anything, not even notifications for me to upload my qualifications. I'm assuming it needs to take around 72 hours before the info syncs with UCAS since currently my application status is still "conditional offer"?

Unless you have achieved qualifications (i.e. you're a gap year applicant or a mature student applicant or something) it will be a conditional offer until after you sit your A-level exams (or equivalent) and receive your results - it only changes to an unconditional offer on results day (whenever that may be - if you're doing A-levels then A-level results day, if doing IB then IB results day etc). You may need to upload other results though, such as GCSE results or equivalent, in the meantime, if they require it. Make sure to read the conditions of the conditional offer carefully and make sure you follow any instructions on there!

That said, it's a bank holiday this Friday and next Monday so there might be further updates later next week if they do add any actions for you at that point (e.g. requests for results from GCSE/equivalent qualifications to be uploaded or similar). They might have taken portico down for maintenance for the time being as they knew it was the bank holiday weekend this week (it seemed to be down for maintenance every other week last year when I applied, or it felt like it!).
(edited 1 year ago)
Is there any way that I can change my course at Imperial without taking a gap year and reapplying?
I received a conditional offer for chemistry but I recently realized I have a greater passion for chemical engineering... I fulfill the subject prerequisites for both courses, but I am an international student.
Original post by Anonymous
Is there any way that I can change my course at Imperial without taking a gap year and reapplying?
I received a conditional offer for chemistry but I recently realized I have a greater passion for chemical engineering... I fulfill the subject prerequisites for both courses, but I am an international student.

best thing is to contact your course admissions and ask them, they'll know best but it may also depend on if chem eng is oversubscribed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending