The Student Room Group

PGCE Physical education interview

Hi, anyone to help im nervous about the interview process especially the 8 mins timed teaching task
Original post by mkakoma
Hi, anyone to help im nervous about the interview process especially the 8 mins timed teaching task

Hello @mkakoma,

It's difficult to provide support without a brief. However, I would try to deliver something familiar, that you have already taught previously. This will help with nerves and instill a degree of confidence

8 minutes will pass extremely quickly so make sure you're including short, snappy activities that are engaging and fun. Don't waste that time over-talking. Make instructions brief, clear and easy to understand. Give consideration to the cohort size and year group. Think about resources needed for fast-paced activities. For a practical teaching task - you might be instructed that it isn't necessary to warm-up the students but here is a general lesson overview (lesson objective & success criteria, warm up, skills practice, basic adapted game, plenary). This can also be adapted for a classroom based theory lesson (LO & SC - Starter - Main activity - plenary).

In the event that the task is simply a short, specific segment of a particular lesson, then I suggest you plan lots of questions to assess learning and understanding throughout.

If things aren't working, have a back up plan, and don't be afraid to adapt your activities to meet the needs of the young learners. Differentiation is really important, particularly if you don't know the ability of your group.

I hope this helps and wish you all the very best.

Tom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending