The Student Room Group

Reserve list for PhD funding

I was notified last week by the uni postgraduate admissions team that I have been placed on the reserve list (post-interview) for internal funding for the PhD programme I’ve been offered a place on. I think they give around 10-15 offers out for this particular scholarship across the whole arts faculty, and I’m apparently ‘high up’ on the reserve list.

I was wondering if anybody has had experience of being on a funding/scholarship reserve list and whether it ended up working out or not!

I’ve been told that final communications about the funding will be by end of June, by which point I’m assuming they’ll close the competition. I also don’t know how long the students have been given to accept or decline their funding offers… could be months yet.
(edited 1 year ago)
I was placed on the reserve list for a DTP back in January and unfortunately was not offered a place in the end (thankfully I have something that I am happy with now!) However, the potential PhD supervisor I was talking to said he had multiple people in his lab get the funding after being placed on a reserve list, so it really is a 50/50 chance as to whether or not it will work out.

Being on a reserve list is a positive outcome because it means your application was great! But do not hedge all of your bets on it (that being said, being told you are high up on the list definitely means you shouldn't lose out hope). With the final communications being by the end of June my best advice would be to keep looking at the opportunities that are available in the meantime, just in case. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending