The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hi
I'm an eu national and I've been living in the UK for four years now with a pre settled status.
I was applying for my student finance as a child of a migrant worker with the pn1 form.
I'm currently having some issues filling the form because it says (on page 8 section 3) if I'm or my family member is a EEA national working or looking for work and I've been resident in the UK for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year then I'm only eligible for tuition fee funding
Am I doing it wrongly or I'm not eligible for maintenance loan as a child of a migrant worker
Original post by Damian0
Hi
I'm an eu national and I've been living in the UK for four years now with a pre settled status.
I was applying for my student finance as a child of a migrant worker with the pn1 form.
I'm currently having some issues filling the form because it says (on page 8 section 3) if I'm or my family member is a EEA national working or looking for work and I've been resident in the UK for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year then I'm only eligible for tuition fee funding
Am I doing it wrongly or I'm not eligible for maintenance loan as a child of a migrant worker

Hi there, If you are applying for funding as The Child of a Migrant Worker then you would complete the form indicating this and would send the PN1 application form with the following evidence:
- Home Office Letter and Immigration status share code

- Evidence of the parent’s or step parent’s ID and status;
- we require the parent’s or step parent’s original Passport or National ID Card and the parent’s or step parent’s EUSS share code and Home Office Letter to confirm their status
- Parent - a photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
- Step parent - original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card
- The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
- The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
- Termly evidence
- A copy of the parent or step parents contract** of employment, this will need to confirm the following;
- Employment start date
- Contracted hours per week
- must be signed by the employer or employee
- Hourly rate of pay
- Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary

Once the team have received and reviewed the application they will be in contact with you if anything additional is required. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending