The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Can I get into Uni of Edinburgh with my GCSEs?

I got these for my GCSEs: 999877766.

I'm doing the IBDP program and am predicted 777 in my HLs as well as a 42/45 overall.
I'm just scared about my GCSEs because my school is competitive. However, I joined mid y10 from IB MYP which ended up affecting my grades.

I'm applying for LLB Law & Business, which is a competitive course. However, I got 9s for Business and English and GCSE and they are my HLs.

Can I still get into Uni of Edinburgh?
(edited 1 year ago)
I don't think GCSEs matter as much, do they? But your IB predicted grades are fantastic!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
I don't think your GCSE grades will hinder you that much from getting offers, and since you have very good IB predicted's I'm pretty sure you could give it a shot
Reply 3
Original post by snigdha2007
I got these for my GCSEs: 999877766.

I'm doing the IBDP program and am predicted 777 in my HLs as well as a 42/45 overall.
I'm just scared about my GCSEs because my school is competitive. However, I joined mid y10 from IB MYP which ended up affecting my grades.

I'm applying for LLB Law & Business, which is a competitive course. However, I got 9s for Business and English and GCSE and they are my HLs.

Can I still get into Uni of Edinburgh?

As long as you got a 4 in maths and 4in English (either english) most unis will accept you but some will ask for a minimum of 6 in both. It depends on the university.
Reply 4
Original post by iL1L
I don't think GCSEs matter as much, do they? But your IB predicted grades are fantastic!

thank you so much, I'm applying in 2 days!
Reply 5
Original post by lowph_
I don't think your GCSE grades will hinder you that much from getting offers, and since you have very good IB predicted's I'm pretty sure you could give it a shot

Thank you for your response
Reply 6
Original post by _user_
As long as you got a 4 in maths and 4in English (either english) most unis will accept you but some will ask for a minimum of 6 in both. It depends on the university.

Ty for your response - I got a 6 at higher math and 2 9s for both GCSE Eng Lang and Lit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending