The Student Room Group

do girls find this a turn off?

I'm a guy, I'm at uni and I work construction part-time. I go to the gym as well. So I'm pretty "masc" in my general life but I also have a bunny and just generally love bunnies as pets and as animals. My male friend thinks this make me "cringe". I have not been with a girl so far and don't know how girls think.

Scroll to see replies

are you asking whether owning a bunny is a turn off? if so, firstly i would punch your friend as he kinda sounds like a prick, secondly try talking to girls more as you can find the answer yourself and also owning a bunny is not a turn off
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy, I'm at uni and I work construction part-time. I go to the gym as well. So I'm pretty "masc" in my general life but I also have a bunny and just generally love bunnies as pets and as animals. My male friend thinks this make me "cringe". I have not been with a girl so far and don't know how girls think.

Bunnies as pets isn't "cringe" to me

Go approach girls, maybe escalate slowly, talk about your pets and see what they think.
I mean if owning a rabbit is the sole reason someone would say no to you if they otherwise would be interested then be glad you've dodged a bullet.
Original post by xzyuo_137
are you asking whether owning a bunny is a turn off? if so, firstly i would punch your friend as he kinda sounds like a prick, secondly try talking to girls more as you can find the answer yourself and also owning a bunny is not a turn off

Kind of, yeah.

He was saying that it makes me look goofy and not attractive to girls who prefer guys with more masculine interests. I was showing him where my bunnies live and all that and he said he found it cringe and ridiculous for a grown man to own such "critters" and etc.
Who cares how "masc" you are?

You have nothing to prove. Be yourself, everyone else is already taken, and all that.
Original post by justlearning1469
Bunnies as pets isn't "cringe" to me

Go approach girls, maybe escalate slowly, talk about your pets and see what they think.

I don't know how to talk to girls tho that is a different issue from the one I was talking about which is if I'm perceived as my friend says I am by girls who I might potentially like (see post above)
Kind of, yeah.

He was saying that it makes me look goofy and not attractive to girls who prefer guys with more masculine interests. I was showing him where my bunnies live and all that and he said he found it cringe and ridiculous for a grown man to own such "critters" and etc.

He clearly has no idea about girls, LMAO.
Original post by fec1864
Who cares how "masc" you are?

You have nothing to prove. Be yourself, everyone else is already taken, and all that.

I am inexperienced with girls and naturally somewhat insecure and this comment made me even more so. I can't like ask girls irl so this is what I thought to do to quiet down my insecurity.

But it is right that even if he's right, I won't stop loving my buns so it doesn't make any difference does it. I just don't wanna be lonely forever lol.
Original post by fec1864
He clearly has no idea about girls, LMAO.

How so? he has the most experience with girls out of everyone I know irl. He's older too.
I am inexperienced with girls and naturally somewhat insecure and this comment made me even more so. I can't like ask girls irl so this is what I thought to do to quiet down my insecurity.

But it is right that even if he's right, I won't stop loving my buns so it doesn't make any difference does it. I just don't wanna be lonely forever lol.

Don't worry dude, he is wrong. If anything, many would find it cute.

You need to get yourself out there and just try talking to them and be yourself. Then you'll find there's nothing to worry about.
How so? he has the most experience with girls out of everyone I know irl. He's older too.

Because I do not know a single girl who would be put off by you owning a bunny. It's kind of comical that he even said that. I would ignore his advice going forward as it is very wrong - or he is just talking to the "wrong" types.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
Kind of, yeah.

It's wayyyy more attractive when guys have feminine interests too, only being masc is more of a turn off icl because it kind of gives the impression they are misogynistic and they only do things that don't look 'gay'
Original post by omgwha
It's wayyyy more attractive when guys have feminine interests too, only being masc is more of a turn off icl because it kind of gives the impression they are misogynistic and they only do things that don't look 'gay'

Agreed, or are VERY insecure about their masculinity. A massive red flag regardless of whether a straight guy or not, IMO.

But also, I don't think owning a bunny is necessarily "feminine". It's a pet!
(edited 1 year ago)
It's not a turn-off. You like animals, it's a good trait to have and kind of carries over into you being caring towards people.

However, do treat girls nicely. Two words: Fatal Attraction :bunny2:

hi there op.
it is sad your friend thinks less of you just because you own a bunny. There still is a long way to go for society to stop try to shame men because they are not "masculine".

You having a bunny, loving bunnies, does not make you less of a man.
do not worry about women. Some we like you theway you are some will not. Men need to understand that it is not about pleasing all women; it is about being to get the woman who will love you the way you are.

Just be you, regardless of what others or girls would think. You can't really be changing who you are to for each person you come along
Plenty of girls are very pet friendly and see rabbit ownership as cute.
I know plenty of teenaged girls & older women that have a lot of affection for rabbits and the guys that have pet bunnies.

Do be careful to avoid dating the obvious weirdos who are very good looking Fatal Attraction types though.
They often turn out to be in the habit of having a series of very volatile short relationships that end with them turning into very possessive or getting dumped and becoming the unhinged bunny boiler types of crazy ex gf who can't handle rejection.
Good luck!
your friend's an arse, there's nothing wrong with liking bunnies. who doesn't? that doesn't make you any more unattractive, it just means you're not a menace who's overly concerned with being andrew tate. Loads of women like bunnies and they'll click with you on that.
girls like guys with some “feminine”” or cute traits. you wouldve peaked my interest bc i like guys that like small animals, as a hamster lover myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending