The Student Room Group

Is it common to get first job you apply for?

I assume this is relatively rare? Or does it happen more often than not.
(edited 1 year ago)
I would say its definitely rare but not impossible if you've done a lot of mock interviews and prepared yourself extremely well
Reply 2
It’s rare, a recruiter told me that on average people attend 7 interviews before landing a job. Perhaps this is exaggerated and I certainly beaten this, but it certainly can be pretty competitive with multiple similarly qualified candidates for the same vacancy. It will depend on the job though
Original post by LittleBear04

I got my first teachnig post after one application.

More often than not, people dont get the first job they apply for. People often go for several interviews before getting a job.
Obviously there are exceptions to the rule. Certain jobs/sectors may be luckier/in demand and you may be more likely to get the first job you go for. And people may be lucky in general (well prepared, loads of experience, interview practice etc).

Yes you could be offered a job after your first ever interview as it all depends how well you done with your interview.

Not everyone will be successful first time around as it may be a few jobs interviews before you finally get any offers.

Just do your research thoroughly for any job you apply for prior to any interviews you'll have.
Experience for the job you applying for could be useful to you but not always necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending