The Student Room Group

Seeking Advice on finding student Accommodation at Cambridge University in August

Hello Cambridge University community,

I am Wannes, a medicine and biomedical sciences student from Belgium, KULeuven. I need some assistance in finding student accommodation at Cambridge University for the month of August this year. As a new student joining the university for an internship, I am unfamiliar with the city and options available for accommodation. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or guidance on how to start!

Specifically, I am interested in:
-Any advice or resources that might be helpful in my search.
-Recommended websites, agencies, or platforms for finding suitable housing options.
-The average cost of accommodation and any tips for finding affordable options!

Ideally, if this is possible, subrenting a room from a student who doesn't need his room during August definitely sounds the easiest to me. What do you think?

Best regards,
Wannes
Original post by Wannes-vo
Hello Cambridge University community,

I am Wannes, a medicine and biomedical sciences student from Belgium, KULeuven. I need some assistance in finding student accommodation at Cambridge University for the month of August this year. As a new student joining the university for an internship, I am unfamiliar with the city and options available for accommodation. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or guidance on how to start!

Specifically, I am interested in:
-Any advice or resources that might be helpful in my search.
-Recommended websites, agencies, or platforms for finding suitable housing options.
-The average cost of accommodation and any tips for finding affordable options!

Ideally, if this is possible, subrenting a room from a student who doesn't need his room during August definitely sounds the easiest to me. What do you think?

Best regards,
Wannes

You will have to be a bit clearer with your status. Are you joining Cambridge University as a student, or are you doing an internship ie an employee/worker? The two are different and mean different things in terms of the accommodation options.

The university has an accommodation website that might help.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You will have to be a bit clearer with your status. Are you joining Cambridge University as a student, or are you doing an internship ie an employee/worker? The two are different and mean different things in terms of the accommodation options.

The university has an accommodation website that might help.

Dear,
Thank you for your reply. I am neither, I am a visiting student from another university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending