The Student Room Group

16+ (6th Form) application options

Hi! I’m currently looking at a possible change of senior school once i finish my GCSEs, does anyone have any recommendations? These are the schools I’m currently thinking about apply to:

Bold = schools I’m still considering

- St Paul’s Girls’ School
- Sevenoaks School
- Westminster School
- Perse School
- BHASVIC (Brighton, Hove & Sussex Sixth Form College)
- City of London School for Girls
- Magdalen College School

- Oxford International College

I love my current school and it’s top 10 independent school in UK, and has good university destinations! But I’m just looking at some other possible schools to go to for my A-Levels (might switch to IB, hence thinking about Sevenoaks School), as then I’ll have access to new teachers with differing teaching styles and make a broader circle of friends etc.

I’m hoping to study medicine in Cambridge Uni, so for my A-Levels, I’m looking to choose maths, biology, chemistry and psychology/further maths/geography. So looking for a school good at STEM?

If anyone has any recommendations for me/has a pros & cons list for any of the school(s)/has been or currently go to one of the schools I listed and want to share their positive/negative experience(s), please do reply to my post, thanks! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
I am also looking to change to another school! Heard some negative comments about Oxford International College in another post (this post:smile:). Also, when I look at some comments from google, I can find similar reviews (there's even one negative review with over 70 likes). It seems like Magdalen College School is much better (compared to Oxford international)
Reply 2
Original post by angusss1
I am also looking to change to another school! Heard some negative comments about Oxford International College in another post (this post:smile:). Also, when I look at some comments from google, I can find similar reviews (there's even one negative review with over 70 likes). It seems like Magdalen College School is much better (compared to Oxford international)

Oh okay, thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending