The Student Room Group

How do write your sixth form application form for grammar schools?

Except writing my current GCSE grades, is there any specific to write?
Reply 1
Hey there. I'm at a grammar school currently and have applied to 5 others for 6th form just incase I want to study elsewhere. Some schools require a personal statement, whereas others don't. Even if they don't ask for one, it does give a good impression if you write clearly and passionately about what you want to study. I'd recommend talking about the following:

Why you have chosen your options - do you just enjoy them or do you have perhaps a career in mind? It's normal to change your mind about the future but talking about careers shows your proactive and thinking ahead, and explaining why you chose your options shows that your passionate and enthusiastic

Wider reading if you've done any DONT MAKE THIS UP IF YOU HAVENT DONE ANY. You could talk about any other interests you have too and any clubs you'd think about joining if u were offered a place

Don't go overboard though. In reality this level of detail is not needed unless your application specifically calls for a personal statement. If not I'd just recommend about 2-3 sentences about why you've chosen your options

Sorry for the long post but hopefully this is helpful

Chaotica
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending