The Student Room Group

why would a guy make it a point to tell you that he is single and lonely?

like what does he want me to say to him..
Reassurance that things will get better?
He wants to give you his D?
He wants you to set him up with one of your single friends?

Could be any of the above. Context is important.
Either he's: a habitual 'poor little me' sort of complainer, he's interested in dating you or wants to date/hookup with someone that you know well.
Original post by jay2013
Reassurance that things will get better?
He wants to give you his D?
He wants you to set him up with one of your single friends?

Could be any of the above. Context is important.

Honestly, you're so mean most of the time. The world is full of issues, mate. You should try to help people or make them understand properly rather than spreading hate or doing something like that. May God bless you to do good things.

Good luck!
I would say odds on that he is saying he wants a relationship, that he is open to it and in need of it. He may very likely mean you or possibly he is talking in general and just needs to get it off his chest. My guess is though that most likely he is saying he wants a relationship with you, he is open to it but perhaps fears being turned down by you so his way of opening up rather than asking directly.
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly, you're so mean most of the time. The world is full of issues, mate. You should try to help people or make them understand properly rather than spreading hate or doing something like that. May God bless you to do good things.

Good luck!

Huh??? 🤔
Original post by jay2013
Huh??? 🤔

Sorry, my friend. I've seen so many replies from you on different threads, which I found mean and maybe a bit disturbing. That's why I thought I should let you know. No personal grudges or anything like that.
He wants sympathy. Might even think he can guilt you into friendship or a relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, my friend. I've seen so many replies from you on different threads, which I found mean and maybe a bit disturbing. That's why I thought I should let you know. No personal grudges or anything like that.

As I have gotten older I find myself with less time for stupidity and nonsense. People should use a bit more common sense and logic when dealing with issues. If I have to be "mean" as you say then so be it. Better to be blunt and to the point so people start using their brains in the future and thinking things through properly. No hate spreading or disturbing replies from me 😆
Original post by jay2013
As I have gotten older I find myself with less time for stupidity and nonsense. People should use a bit more common sense and logic when dealing with issues. If I have to be "mean" as you say then so be it. Better to be blunt and to the point so people start using their brains in the future and thinking things through properly. No hate spreading or disturbing replies from me 😆

There are also others who like to be straightforward but unlike you.

If you think you would be happy doing that, then do what you prefer. I won't judge or interfere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending