The Student Room Group

I hate my job but need work experience

Just over a month ago, I started my first job and I hate it. I dread the next shift even though I’ve literally only done 3. However, I need work experience if I want to get into a good uni, right? What should I do?
you usually don't need work experience for university except med and vetmed. what's the job?
Reply 2
Original post by burnsofiercely
you usually don't need work experience for university except med and vetmed. what's the job?

I wish to go into either law or economics at uni, and the job is catering and cleaning at a certain establishment whose audience is old men. The environment is very creepy and stressful. Should I just quit?
Original post by Leverager
I wish to go into either law or economics at uni, and the job is catering and cleaning at a certain establishment whose audience is old men. The environment is very creepy and stressful. Should I just quit?

umm yh if you really hate it just find another job and quit. What kind of a place? You mean like a club?
That role isn’t going to make a lick of difference to a Law or Econ application. Unless you need the money, I’d pack it in.
Original post by Leverager

Id look for a new job.
You dont really need the job for uni. Its many your grades that they look at (and any work experience in the relevant field you may have done). But you do gain transferrable skills from a job, plus the money always helps (especially with going to uni). Id deffo look for another job then quit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending