The Student Room Group

How to get into office work?

I'm 25 and I have only ever worked in retail and hospitality. I hate it and I am so tired of being on my feet all day and dealing with rude customers. I just want a job where I can sit down and work on a computer. I just have no idea how since I have no experience in that area. What kind of jobs should I look for? Do I need to go to university? How do I get started in that career path? is it too late?
Reply 1
Write a good cv and start applying. See what they say. With that experience it might be possible
Original post by tacticalwater
I'm 25 and I have only ever worked in retail and hospitality. I hate it and I am so tired of being on my feet all day and dealing with rude customers. I just want a job where I can sit down and work on a computer. I just have no idea how since I have no experience in that area. What kind of jobs should I look for? Do I need to go to university? How do I get started in that career path? is it too late?

For entry level, without a degree, you could look for administration type jobs. You'll likely need to be reasonably competent with working a PC as a basic technical skill, and also posses other useful skills like communication, working with others, etc., which you should have from customer service.
Original post by tacticalwater

Have you thought about getting work through an agency as a temp?
This was how I got into office work and helped me to get where I am today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending