The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

My aspirations for this year!

After the end of my first academic year and finally settling into the Kingston area, here are a few things that I would like to explore this year! :smile:

Learning Italian
When I first came to Kingston University, a friend of mine encouraged me to try learning a new language from the Kingston language scheme. This scheme is quite popular especially during the first semester and the only slot left was for Lv 1 Italian (online). Despite being dyslexic and struggling with learning the language on top of my course work, I finally managed to pull through and continued to Lv 2 Italian in my second semester! I hope to continue practising and improving my understanding of the Italian language and one day go on a backpacking trip to Italy! :tongue:

Prioritising my Health
Since moving away from home, I now have a lot more autonomy over my food, time and schedule. I hope to use my student gym membership more frequently and prioritise my physical and mental health by cooking healthier meals and sleeping early! You can check out some of the possible student gym prices over here! :h:

Exploring the KSA Workshops and Facilities
After familiarising myself with the KSA workshops, I really want to explore more on the digital making workshop and metal working workshop opportunities. The laser cutting, 3D printing and metal engraving facilities are really cool and offer a range of possibilities when it comes to making accessories or packaging material! :wink:

Summer Internships
One of my main reasons for deciding to study in London was because of the possible spring and summer internships I can take up over the holidays! I really want to expose myself to different possibilities and roles within the industry to not only build my CV but also enrich my exposure to either expand or deepen my skill set.

What are your aspirations this year? Or if even if you don't have any, what are you hoping to do over the holidays? Feel free to share them in the comments below! :h:

Zhi En (BA Fashion)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending