The Student Room Group

Applying to Ivy League

....----
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by aa78659
Hi Everyone

I want to apply for a PhD in Physics at ivy leauge universities. I only got a 2.1 (60) in my bachelors but in my masters I’m on track for a distinction (80+). BSc in Mathematics and Physics and MSc in Gravity Particles and Fields. In particular i want to apply to Columbia and Yale. My question is do i have a chance of getting in? Is it worth doing the GRE even though it is not required and this is what yale says Reporting General GRE and Physics GRE scores are optional for application received by December 15, 2022. All applications are reviewed holistically, and preference will not be given to students who do or do not submit GRE scores”.

I think it might be good to convert your score to a GPA number, and post on gradcafe - https://forum.thegradcafe.com/ - which is basically the American postgraduate equivalent of this site. It's definitely worth doing the GRE if you can do well and cancel out the slightly lower BSc grade.

In my case, I got a First in my BA and a Merit in my MPhil, and I was accepted to various PhD programs in the US, so let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending