The Student Room Group

Do you need to revise all poems for GCSE English lit or can you just do some of them?

I'm doing the power & conflict poetry for GCSE English lit. Only a month until exams and I've barely touched them. I keep being told that you don't need to revise them all and to just do a few, and as long as the ones you do pick cover a variety of themes/topics etc then it's fine, but it still feels quite risky to me. Would it be safe to just do like half of them? Did anyone else do this and did it work out okay for them? Thank you
i revised a few quotes from each poem, maybe 2-3 each, and revised also the structure etc of the poem.

i then revised a few more of the poems more thoroughly, making sure each was from a different theme.

i got an 8 for my english literature so i guess that was adequate, but you also need to know how to write the way they want you to. i learnt that revising isnt as important, so long as you know exactly how to write to meet the criterion.

so perhaps split your revision into 80/20 of practice questions and revising quotes/structure etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending