The Student Room Group

Regret not asking for girls number after meet up

After contemplating for over a year I finally mustered up the courage to attend this evening board game meet up in a café.
Despite the initial awkwardness, I met this one really cute girl. We had the typical convo, found out that she lives like in the same neighbourhood as me! Small world🤣When the night ended I couldn't figure out a non awkward way to acquire her number and just said see you soon. Did I massively screw up?So the thing is is they do these board game sessions every Tuesday evening, and it seemed like she comes along every other week. Do you think it's worth getting to know her more next time if she does come along, hopefully acquire her number?Any advice would be appreciated.
I would say do attend these evening board games in the cafe and get to know her more in real life first and look out for signs she is interested before asking for her number. It's important that the interest is mutual from the start. :smile:
What if she doesn't show her emotions? Do you know that sometimes girls keep everything to themselves? Try to read more about the psychology of girls
Original post by Anonymous
After contemplating for over a year I finally mustered up the courage to attend this evening board game meet up in a café.
Despite the initial awkwardness, I met this one really cute girl. We had the typical convo, found out that she lives like in the same neighbourhood as me! Small world🤣When the night ended I couldn't figure out a non awkward way to acquire her number and just said see you soon. Did I massively screw up?So the thing is is they do these board game sessions every Tuesday evening, and it seemed like she comes along every other week. Do you think it's worth getting to know her more next time if she does come along, hopefully acquire her number?Any advice would be appreciated.

First off, well done for taking the plunge, and putting yourself out there... I guess it must have been daunting for you at first, but you realise it was no where near as bad as you thought; hopefully others will see this and take inspiration (trendsetter lol)

Well what have you got to lose by going again? Worst case scenario, you go and she's not around the next few times... at least you know you've given it your best shot. Better than spending the rest of your life wondering "What if?"

Some girls may be reluctant to give out numbers to strangers for various reasons... so it may be safer / easier to ask for a social media type contact (e.g. Facebook, Instagram etc.); people are generally a lot more relaxed about giving out those sort of contact details. After all, it's much easier to block someone if they turn out to be a nuisance, rather than going through the hassle of changing a telephone number.
Original post by Old Skool Freak
First off, well done for taking the plunge, and putting yourself out there... I guess it must have been daunting for you at first, but you realise it was no where near as bad as you thought; hopefully others will see this and take inspiration (trendsetter lol)

Well what have you got to lose by going again? Worst case scenario, you go and she's not around the next few times... at least you know you've given it your best shot. Better than spending the rest of your life wondering "What if?"

Some girls may be reluctant to give out numbers to strangers for various reasons... so it may be safer / easier to ask for a social media type contact (e.g. Facebook, Instagram etc.); people are generally a lot more relaxed about giving out those sort of contact details. After all, it's much easier to block someone if they turn out to be a nuisance, rather than going through the hassle of changing a telephone number.

Hey, thanks a lot for responding!

Yea going off of what you said - meeting people isn't just gonna be handed to me if I sit around and not take the initiative.

Regarding the girl, similar to what you mentioned I didn't want to "jump the gun" and abruptly say something like,"oh me and you live like 2 min walking distance to each other? We should meet up!" Worried it'll come across too intense/creepy. I'll go again next week - if she is there hopefully she'd be up to play together again, and if not (either she didn't turn up or she's already got a full table with other people), I'll just be settled with the mindset to meet other guys.
Don't jump straight to making a move. You don't want to isolate yourself from the group by being that one creepy guy who is only there to hit on the girl(s) (my best friend and girlfriend both play D&D and Pathfinder and there are surprisingly a lot of guys like that!). Go along and enjoy being social and if you two end up getting closer organically then great.
(edited 1 year ago)
Suggest a game of Twilight Struggle with her. Ideally outside of one of these games evenings, but OK if it's in. And let her win the first time she playes it with you.

And then take things from there.

Be sociable and friendly towards everyone at the boardgame group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending