The Student Room Group

Possible change in situation

So I've been financially independent from my parents for nearly 5 years and I receive maintenance loan that reflects this. I am under 25 and living alone. I'm considering asking my boyfriend to move in with me but am not sure how this would affect my maintenance loan. As I'm financially separate from my parents and do not live with them, obviously they are not taken into account at all. As far as I know, because I'm not 25, even if I live with my partner, his income wouldn't be taken into account. Is that right? I will turn 25, a month before the end of my degree, do you think this would effect my maintenance loan for final year?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Izzy281
So I've been financially independent from my parents for nearly 5 years and I receive maintenance loan that reflects this. I am under 25 and living alone. I'm considering asking my boyfriend to move in with me but am not sure how this would affect my maintenance loan. As I'm financially separate from my parents and do not live with them, obviously they are not taken into account at all. As far as I know, because I'm not 25, even if I live with my partner, his income wouldn't be taken into account. Is that right? I will turn 25, a month before the end of my degree, do you think this would effect my maintenance loan for final year?

Hi there, We would still advise to assess you based on your parents household income to ensure you receive the maximum amount of funding. If no financial details are provided from your parents you will be awarded the minimum Maintenance Loan funding as you are under 25 and we will not take into account your partners income or assess you as Independent as you have been receiving student finance. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, We would still advise to assess you based on your parents household income to ensure you receive the maximum amount of funding. If no financial details are provided from your parents you will be awarded the minimum Maintenance Loan funding as you are under 25 and we will not take into account your partners income or assess you as Independent as you have been receiving student finance. Thanks, Angela

I am already receiving the maximum amount as I am an independent person financially separate from my parents.
Original post by Izzy281
I am already receiving the maximum amount as I am an independent person financially separate from my parents.

Hi there, Apologies, if you are already been assessed as an Independent student we would not ask for your partners details. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending