The Student Room Group

Should I withdraw from Camp America for a job opportunity?

Hi all,
I’ve got a placement for Camp America, which I’m really looking forward to! However, a job opportunity has come up which is literally my dream job. Opportunities like this are hard to come by at home, and I’m worried that if I pass it up I won’t be able to get a job when I come back from camp. If I were to get the job, should I withdraw from Camp America?
Original post by ladomlahtur
Hi all,
I’ve got a placement for Camp America, which I’m really looking forward to! However, a job opportunity has come up which is literally my dream job. Opportunities like this are hard to come by at home, and I’m worried that if I pass it up I won’t be able to get a job when I come back from camp. If I were to get the job, should I withdraw from Camp America?

Yes, take the job. Camp America will always be a possibility later.
Definitely - its your dream job!
You could always do camp america later on if you still want to.
Reply 3
I got a Camp America placement in 2020, but was unfortunately cancelled by the pandemic. I still wanted to go experience the US so I went on a Summer Work and Travel programme in 2022. You might be able to defer your placement to the following summer. I know people who have been on Cultural Exchange programmes on the J-1 visa, and came back for another year. So be rest assured that the CA opportunity will always be there for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending