The Student Room Group

UK national in Europe - bank and NI details

Hi,
I'm a UK national living in Germany and have been correctly classified as a Home student by the universities I've applied to.
I'm now setting up my SFE account to apply for tuition and maintenance loans and wanted to ask how things like bank account details and NI number work in the application as I do not yet have them having lived in Germany until now.
Should I leave those details out and wait until I move to the UK, and then fill in the missing details?
I'm assuming I can only sort these things out once I have a UK address? And does SFE help in acquiring a NI number or do I need to sort it out myself?
Thanks for any help!
Original post by ellenrosa
Hi,
I'm a UK national living in Germany and have been correctly classified as a Home student by the universities I've applied to.
I'm now setting up my SFE account to apply for tuition and maintenance loans and wanted to ask how things like bank account details and NI number work in the application as I do not yet have them having lived in Germany until now.
Should I leave those details out and wait until I move to the UK, and then fill in the missing details?
I'm assuming I can only sort these things out once I have a UK address? And does SFE help in acquiring a NI number or do I need to sort it out myself?
Thanks for any help!

Hi there, when do you plan to move to the UK? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, when do you plan to move to the UK? Thanks, Karen

Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't fixed a date yet but it will be before my course starts in September and in time for the deadline of "being resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year" (in the UKCISA guidelines)
Original post by ellenrosa
Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't fixed a date yet but it will be before my course starts in September and in time for the deadline of "being resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year" (in the UKCISA guidelines)

We would advise to update this information as soon as possible as we won't be able to submit payments if you don't have bank details linked to your account. Once your application is processed the team will send your details to The Department of Works and Pensions(DWP). If you don't have a NINO the DWP will be in contact with you to arrange an interview to receive 1. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending