The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Still no offer

I applied to Loughborough around Christmas time and still haven't received an offer. Does this mean I will likely get rejected, or is my application not good enough?
Original post by Anonymous
I applied to Loughborough around Christmas time and still haven't received an offer. Does this mean I will likely get rejected, or is my application not good enough?

If they haven’t rejected you yet it’s likely that they are waiting to see how many places they have left after people accept their offers to see if there is space for you
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
So a good and bad sign?
Reply 3
So a good and bad sign?

both
So a good and bad sign?

Yeah it probably means your a great candidate if they’ve got 100 spaces ur probs the 110th choice or something so they’re waiting to see how many people reject it to see if there’s room

You could always send them an email of continued interest no harm in doing so

It doesn't mean anything. Unis don't process applications on a first come first serve basis, and they have until mid-May to make all their decisions, so there's still a lot of time.
Yeah Loughborough is my first choice, I'm just waiting on a reply. What do you mean by a continued interest email?
Yeah Loughborough is my first choice, I'm just waiting on a reply. What do you mean by a continued interest email?

Emailing telling them that you really want the place their ur top choice etc etc, I think there’s stuff on google about how to do this

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

If you are concerned and want an update on the status of your application, please feel free to email [email protected] with your UCAS Personal ID number.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, let me know.

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
I got the offer but with a foundation year (I applied for PDE with placement). Is this a bad thing? Could I change it if I get good A-levels, my mock grades weren't a good reflection of me.
I got the offer but with a foundation year (I applied for PDE with placement). Is this a bad thing? Could I change it if I get good A-levels, my mock grades weren't a good reflection of me.

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer! I would recommend emailing [email protected] for more information on this.

If you have any other questions about Loughborough in the meantime, let us know :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending