The Student Room Group

Connecting with teacher on LinkedIn

Poll

Connecting with teacher on LinkedIn

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone know if I can connect with a teacher who just left my school on LinkedIn? I’m currently 13, turning 14 soon so would there be any safeguarding issues even if she is no longer teaching in schools?
You can connect, as long as BOTH of you are not in the same school its alright.
Original post by Ann2009
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone know if I can connect with a teacher who just left my school on LinkedIn? I’m currently 13, turning 14 soon so would there be any safeguarding issues even if she is no longer teaching in schools?

No safeguarding issues as long as both of you aren't in the same school. Then sure.
Reply 3
Original post by scrk009
You can connect, as long as BOTH of you are not in the same school its alright.

Okay thanks! So if I’m still at the school she taught at but she’s left the school and is no longer teaching, I would still be able to connect?
Reply 4
Original post by justlearning1469
No safeguarding issues as long as both of you aren't in the same school. Then sure.

Okay thanks! So if I’m still at the school she’s taught at but she’s left and is no longer teaching, I would still be able to connect?
I don't know why 13 year olds are using LinkedIn
Whether there your teacher or not is it sensible for a 13 year old to talk to a much older adult online even if you have met them what do you even want to speak about
Also has the teacher said they want to keep in contact if so maybe ask for an email
Original post by Ann2009
Okay thanks! So if I’m still at the school she’s taught at but she’s left and is no longer teaching, I would still be able to connect?

yeah

Original post by Jess_Lomas
Whether there your teacher or not is it sensible for a 13 year old to talk to a much older adult online even if you have met them what do you even want to speak about
Also has the teacher said they want to keep in contact if so maybe ask for an email

So what? As long as there are no red flags it should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending