The Student Room Group

1st choice & insurance

Hi, I’m an int’l student. Applied to Durham for LLB but barely have the marks & LNAT was dreadful. Do I bother waiting until May 18th or do I just select Notts as my first choice & York as insurance.
Original post by rgdack
Hi, I’m an int’l student. Applied to Durham for LLB but barely have the marks & LNAT was dreadful. Do I bother waiting until May 18th or do I just select Notts as my first choice & York as insurance.

Durham is aiming to reply to everyone by this coming Friday, I'd say it's worth waiting til then and evaluate once you have your full set of options :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks but how do you know that? I called them twice and they said by May 18th.
Original post by rgdack
Thanks but how do you know that? I called them twice and they said by May 18th.

May 18th is UCAS's deadline for offers to come out by, but communication from Durham suggests they are aiming for earlier and that they are roughly on track for that (so it certainly shouldn't be as late as May)
Reply 4
Sorry but unsure how you know this - I called Durham twice & wasn’t given any time frame except May 18th.
May I ask what relation you have with Durham that you were given this info? If they respond by this Friday, do think that would include not just conditional offers but also rejections? I would prefer to know for sure even if rejected. Feeling nervous about housing options in other uni if I wait too long. Thanks for your help!
Original post by rgdack
Sorry but unsure how you know this - I called Durham twice & wasn’t given any time frame except May 18th.
May I ask what relation you have with Durham that you were given this info? If they respond by this Friday, do think that would include not just conditional offers but also rejections? I would prefer to know for sure even if rejected. Feeling nervous about housing options in other uni if I wait too long. Thanks for your help!

the official deadline is 18 May, but they aim to give all decisions by 21 April internally, as stated in their communication emails
Reply 6
Internally? So when will intl students know? I’ve already missed out on accommodations elsewhere. It’s very frustrating. Thanks
Original post by rgdack
Internally? So when will intl students know? I’ve already missed out on accommodations elsewhere. It’s very frustrating. Thanks

I’m unsure why you’re worried about accom. Your firm choice should guarantee you accommodation.

You should wait and firm Durham.
Reply 8
Thanks but as I understand it, I can't pick Durham as a firm without an offer & if I pick another school as a firm without hearing back from Durham, I essentially withdraw my application from Durham - isn't that correct? I just don't want to be stuck sharing a bathroom with 5 people.
Original post by rgdack
Thanks but as I understand it, I can't pick Durham as a firm without an offer & if I pick another school as a firm without hearing back from Durham, I essentially withdraw my application from Durham - isn't that correct? I just don't want to be stuck sharing a bathroom with 5 people.

Yes you are correct. I don’t know what I said that made you think otherwise.

You may as well wait to hear back from Durham now.
Reply 10
At this point yeah I might as well wait, I just hope they respond quickly, even if it's a No, I don't care anymore - I just feel anxious and want to move forward. Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending