The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

College choices

Hi I’m just starting as a philosophy undergrad and wondering what college would be best for me. From what I’ve seen st Mary’s is very nice looking and when I went it had a nice vibe I’m a bit of an introvert but would like to join some sports societies would it suit me?
my friend goes there and she's pretty quiet or she was at school but she has loads of friends at marys and loves it. it sounds like a really fun and laid back college and they do lots of ultimate frisbee and have a good board games soc (apaz this is much more fun than it sounds)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Luke0201
Hi I’m just starting as a philosophy undergrad and wondering what college would be best for me. From what I’ve seen st Mary’s is very nice looking and when I went it had a nice vibe I’m a bit of an introvert but would like to join some sports societies would it suit me?

Hi there

I don't think there's any college you'd feel left out at just because you're an introvert. All colleges have sports societies as well but the bigger hill ones have more compared to the smaller bailey ones, so Marys may give you an advantage in that sense. It's also within a 15-minute walking distance to the philosophy department. All people I know from Marys have loved their experience as well. You can also consider Cuths (Parsons Field site if you want self-catered) since it's super close to the department.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest