The Student Room Group

TW for SA/rape - Does anyone else feel physically uncomfortable when aroused?

As above, really. Have only had sex with one person. He wasn't on board with consent so sex happened whether I wanted it or not, and he wouldn't stop if I was in pain etc. Broke up years ago and I haven't been with anyone else, nor have any desire to be with anyone since (and I'm OK with that). I don't really have much of a sex drive but now when I am sexually aroused, I feel sore/very uncomfortable - can anyone else relate? Feel pretty upset and disgusted with myself because of it tonight.

Not asking for advice or anything, just want to feel less alone with this.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Original post by Anonymous
As above, really. Have only had sex with one person. He wasn't on board with consent so sex happened whether I wanted it or not, and he wouldn't stop if I was in pain etc. Broke up years ago and I haven't been with anyone else, nor have any desire to be with anyone since (and I'm OK with that). I don't really have much of a sex drive but now when I am sexually aroused, I feel sore/very uncomfortable - can anyone else relate? Feel pretty upset and disgusted with myself because of it tonight.

Physically sore or mentally sore?
Original post by ageshallnot
Physically sore or mentally sore?

Physically. Then mentally.
Physically. Then mentally.

I can understand the mental aspect easily. The physical aspect appears more complex.
I can understand the mental aspect easily. The physical aspect appears more complex.

The physical aspect is probably psychologically driven. Wish I wasn't so screwed up :frown:
Thanks for replying, btw
The physical aspect is probably psychologically driven. Wish I wasn't so screwed up :frown:
Thanks for replying, btw

That's what I was thinking. There are various questions that could be asked but wouldn't be suitable to be asked publicly . Perhaps you should see a doctor?

No problem.
That's what I was thinking. There are various questions that could be asked but wouldn't be suitable to be asked publicly . Perhaps you should see a doctor?

No problem.

No, seems silly bothering a doctor about this. I feel less distressed by it now so will just try to avoid being in situations where it's a problem.

Not really sure why I made this thread now lol. Thanks for reading and replying though.
No, seems silly bothering a doctor about this. I feel less distressed by it now so will just try to avoid being in situations where it's a problem.

Not really sure why I made this thread now lol. Thanks for reading and replying though.

No worries, get back if you need to.

It seems like a psychological issue that you feel uncomfortable when aroused, maybe just book an appointment with your GP and have a talk with them.

I hope it does help and you end up feeling comfortable when aroused.
Original post by notstudyingatall
It seems like a psychological issue that you feel uncomfortable when aroused, maybe just book an appointment with your GP and have a talk with them.

I hope it does help and you end up feeling comfortable when aroused.

I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to my GP about this, tbh, and it's hardly a life or death situation. Thanks for your help though.
I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to my GP about this, tbh, and it's hardly a life or death situation. Thanks for your help though.

Not life and death, but likely to affect important future relationships?
Not life and death, but likely to affect important future relationships?

I have no plans of being in a relationship in the future (for completely unrelated reasons)
I have no plans of being in a relationship in the future (for completely unrelated reasons)

Ok.

Quick Reply

Latest