The Student Room Group

How do I get to know the people applying to the same uni as me??

I’ve applied to NUA, firmed it, done all the student finance and applied for accommodation BUT my friend told me that the universities have applicant groups on Facebook. I didn’t have Facebook until I got this information however the main problem is, why dose NUA have so many different groups all saying the same thing? How do I know which is legit? And also what is uni light and why does all the groups keep telling me to down load it? I just want to be prepared before going to uni and the fact that google can’t help me isn’t great.
Have you tried contacting NUA to ask these questions?
It seems like these might all be fake groups trying to sell something/harvest data. Not all universities bother to set up facebook groups for their applicants.
It doesn’t look like NUA has bothered to create a group for 2023
https://m.facebook.com/NUAnews/
freshers week
Original post by Flozza05823
I’ve applied to NUA, firmed it, done all the student finance and applied for accommodation BUT my friend told me that the universities have applicant groups on Facebook. I didn’t have Facebook until I got this information however the main problem is, why dose NUA have so many different groups all saying the same thing? How do I know which is legit? And also what is uni light and why does all the groups keep telling me to down load it? I just want to be prepared before going to uni and the fact that google can’t help me isn’t great.

Hi @Flozza05823,

Firstly, congratulations on getting a place at NUA!

When I started my undergraduate degree with the University of Suffolk, I didn't know any other applicants and it did feel a bit daunting at first. Our Students' Union ran lots of get-to-know-you events and the University had an applicants forum where I could chat with other students who were starting the same time as me. Freshers' week was also a great place to meet people, and going to open days gives you a chance to look around more and maybe ask current students how they met people.

It might be an idea to contact NUA directly to see if they, or their Students' Union, have a group/chat etc you could join. As others have said below, some of the Facebook groups may be not be real so it'd be best to check with NUA.

Amy
Official University of Suffolk Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending