The Student Room Group

tips and any advice to do well in a physics assessment (triple)

hey, i have a physics assessment soon and i'm not sure if i'm good at physics or not since i did really good on one exam and really bad on another, but any advice to score well on this assessment would be helpful especially from people who are good at physics - thank you!
Original post by ctrlm.
hey, i have a physics assessment soon and i'm not sure if i'm good at physics or not since i did really good on one exam and really bad on another, but any advice to score well on this assessment would be helpful especially from people who are good at physics - thank you!

I always found the CGP revision guide useful for GCSE Physics as it explained concepts quite well. I would recommend practising using formulae as it is so much easier to apply the formulae if you have already practised them (practise exams questions are good for this).
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I always found the CGP revision guide useful for GCSE Physics as it explained concepts quite well. I would recommend practising using formulae as it is so much easier to apply the formulae if you have already practised them (practise exams questions are good for this).

thanks for replying, i don't really like using the cgp revision guides because i feel like i'm more likely to remember content if it's told to me like in a youtube video (ex. freesciencelessons) but i'll still give it a go, are the exam questions in the cgp guide any useful? I'm definitely going to practice formulae as physics exams include a lot of maths questions. Thanks again!
Original post by ctrlm.
thanks for replying, i don't really like using the cgp revision guides because i feel like i'm more likely to remember content if it's told to me like in a youtube video (ex. freesciencelessons) but i'll still give it a go, are the exam questions in the cgp guide any useful? I'm definitely going to practice formulae as physics exams include a lot of maths questions. Thanks again!

The practise questions are useful, CGP also have other books with just exam practise in so you may want to look into those. I found them very useful when I was revising for my GCSEs last year.
Original post by ctrlm.

Try the videos on Cognito - they helped me a lot and also I would recommend doing practice questions from physicsandmathstutor as well. Good luck!
Original post by ctrlm.

Heya!
If it helps, Study mind has lots of free physics resources from revision notes to practice questions for free :h: Try doing some past papers and then mark yourself using a mark scheme.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest