The Student Room Group

gcse revision advice

3 weeks until gsce exams are starting and i'm feeling stressed because i feel like i haven't done enough revision
also when i try to do revision, distractions keep happening e.g the tv is on/family members talking to each other/me etc
i dont have my own room and everytime i try to go into a room with no ppl in it, i can hear their voices and cant concentrate
any advice?
Have you tried noice cancelling headphones, or maybe spoke with your family members?
Is there a local library you can use? They often study spaces that can be really useful it it’s difficult to concentrate at home.
Reply 3
Original post by squiddy135
Is there a local library you can use? They often study spaces that can be really useful it it’s difficult to concentrate at home.

i think so we have libaries at school but it can be hard when theres lessons etc
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
Have you tried noice cancelling headphones, or maybe spoke with your family members?

no because i dont have a phone/might not be able to get them
Original post by oursgrace
i think so we have libaries at school but it can be hard when theres lessons etc

no because i dont have a phone/might not be able to get them

you don't have to have a phone to use them just put them. I think they mean local/council libraries. Have you tried maybe a park or maybe a study room/empty classroom at school. Usually if you ask teachers they'll let you or give you some other options.
Just focus on the work, and revise 2 hours then break
Original post by oursgrace
3 weeks until gsce exams are starting and i'm feeling stressed because i feel like i haven't done enough revision
also when i try to do revision, distractions keep happening e.g the tv is on/family members talking to each other/me etc
i dont have my own room and everytime i try to go into a room with no ppl in it, i can hear their voices and cant concentrate
any advice?

Heya!
Have you tried getting noise-cancelling headphones? They are very useful :h: You could also go to a local library or study space and use that to study. Also, if it helps, Study mind has lots of free resources!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest