The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Law at QMUL

got an offer to study law at queen Mary's in sept but I haven't been to an offer holder day or open day - can any current students or people that went to offer holder days give me any insight into what it's like? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by APREtzell
got an offer to study law at queen Mary's in sept but I haven't been to an offer holder day or open day - can any current students or people that went to offer holder days give me any insight into what it's like? Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey there! Congratulations on your offer! I am currently a first year law student at QM and I can honestly say I'm quite enjoying it so far. I think the best thing about the uni generally is that its a campus uni in london, the only russell group one actually, and you get a good mix of the campus and city university vibe. Also since most first years live on campus or around campus, it makes making friends much easier. You settle much faster that way as well. Now don't get me wrong, there have been some annoying things- administratively there are some issues here and there that can be really annoying, but on the whole I'll give the year so far a solid 8. Please let me know if theres any other way I can be of help.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by QMUL Student Rep
Hey there! Congratulations on your offer! I am currently a first year law student at QM and I can honestly say I'm quite enjoying it so far. I think the best thing about the uni generally is that its a campus uni in london, the only russell group one actually, and you get a good mix of the campus and city university vibe. Also since most first years live on campus or around campus, it makes making friends much easier. You settle much faster that way as well. Now don't get me wrong, there have been some annoying things- administratively there are some issues here and there that can be really annoying, but on the whole I'll give the year so far a solid 8. Please let me know if theres any other way I can be of help.

thank you so much this was really helpful!!
Original post by APREtzell
thank you so much this was really helpful!!

No worries at all! Do let me know if you need anything else!
Reply 4
Original post by QMUL Student Rep
No worries at all! Do let me know if you need anything else!

Hi again! I am looking at options for accommodation - do you have any suggestions as to which are the best? Do you think it’s better to be in the halls which are more on campus rather than the ones which are a few minutes away? Also, I haven’t booked it yet so do you think all the best ones will have been booked up already? thanks!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending