The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

How competitive is it to join Newcastle's Badminton Club?

I was just curious how difficult it would be, because it's quite competitive and there are only 3 men's teams going to BUCS (so 18 players in total).

However the local teams seem easier to get into, if I manage to join Newcastle's Badminton Club.
Original post by resk
I was just curious how difficult it would be, because it's quite competitive and there are only 3 men's teams going to BUCS (so 18 players in total).

However the local teams seem easier to get into, if I manage to join Newcastle's Badminton Club.

Hi! Newcastle’s Badminton Club is always on the lookout for promising players. The Badminton Club competes in at least two competitions or events outside of BUCS every year. This gives students different competitive opportunities. You also have the chance to join local teams in the Northumbria League, which are often located in the Tyneside Badminton Centre close by and also the chance to be selected for the senior county teams. Hopefully that means you will be able to get involved in the club in some way!

If you are interested in a more expert opinion you could contact one of the below to ask about try-outs and standards:
Head of Racket Sports: Liam Gutcher [email protected]
Badminton Head Coach: Martin Fagan [email protected]

Hope this helps!
Megan :smile: (Outreach Ambassador)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending