The Student Room Group

US University

If I miss my A-level predicted grades by a lot will I still have my unconditional spot at a US University in September?
Original post by Anonymous
If I miss my A-level predicted grades by a lot will I still have my unconditional spot at a US University in September?

It depends on the college. Just out of interest, where are you hoping to attend?

US Universities' offers typically actually aren't unconditional. Your admission letter will likely say something along the lines of "We expect you to continue at the same high level of achievement", which means that if you miss your grades by a lot, they have the right to rescind you.

In reality, this isn't common - and if you do miss your grades by a lot, you should email your regional admissions counselor to explain why your grades are so low.
I am hoping to attend Notre Dame and was predicted AAB but it seems as if I am on track for an A*/A, A, C would this be grounds to rescind my offer?
Original post by ry7xsfa
It depends on the college. Just out of interest, where are you hoping to attend?

US Universities' offers typically actually aren't unconditional. Your admission letter will likely say something along the lines of "We expect you to continue at the same high level of achievement", which means that if you miss your grades by a lot, they have the right to rescind you.

In reality, this isn't common - and if you do miss your grades by a lot, you should email your regional admissions counselor to explain why your grades are so low.
Original post by Anonymous
I am hoping to attend Notre Dame and was predicted AAB but it seems as if I am on track for an A*/A, A, C would this be grounds to rescind my offer?

That's very close - so it shouldn't be that bad. But if that happens, you should probably email them to make sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending