The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Done with Uni

I’ve had it with the University of Wolverhampton.

I got put in hospital on Friday the other week. I told the University of Wolverhampton that I may not be able to do the single day course they wanted me to do because I’ve fallen really sick. I asked them if there was anything at all they could do. Nothing.

How do do many other children’s nursing courses get on by doing courses and interviews online but the Uni of Wolverhampton needs EVERYTHING done in person…?

I withdrew my application. I’m not paying £150 to go up there for the second time. I think I’m just going to take a course that will improve my A levels and a few for my GCSEs and apply to a higher ranking and closer university next year.

I applied to Anglia Ruskin University on Extra however I doubt my A levels will meet their requirements this year as my health has gone downhill since exams have started (It’s not anxiety)
Original post by calamaricaity

I got put in hospital on Friday the other week. I told the University of Wolverhampton that I may not be able to do the single day course they wanted me to do because I’ve fallen really sick. I asked them if there was anything at all they could do. Nothing.

How do do many other children’s nursing courses get on by doing courses and interviews online but the Uni of Wolverhampton needs EVERYTHING done in person…?

I withdrew my application. I’m not paying £150 to go up there for the second time. I think I’m just going to take a course that will improve my A levels and a few for my GCSEs and apply to a higher ranking and closer university next year.

I applied to Anglia Ruskin University on Extra however I doubt my A levels will meet their requirements this year as my health has gone downhill since exams have started (It’s not anxiety)

Hello - I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with your current university. It's understandable that you feel frustrated by their lack of flexibility and support, particularly during a difficult time when you are dealing with health issues. I had to change my course to part-time for health reasons, and my university was so flexible in adapting to my needs. It had to go through a formal process but was really helpful. I didn't know these options were available previously. It may be worth looking into if you decide to stay.

It's good that you're considering alternative options for improving your qualifications and applying to other universities. Taking courses to improve your A levels and GCSEs can be a smart move to strengthen your application for next year. It may be a stressful process, so please look after yourself along the way.

I wanted to share our Nursing Studies programme in case it was of interest: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/nursing-studies-registered-nurse-children-and-young-people-nursing

Please let me know if there is any way I can support you :smile:

Thanks,
Sam
MSc Psychology Student
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Hi,

We’re really sorry to hear about your experience with your current university. We hope you start to feel better soon :smile:

Is there anything we can do now to support your application process with us? Feel free to contact our Admissions team at any point, or if you have any other general queries :smile: [email protected]

Let us know if we can help,

Jemma
Reply 3
Original post by ARUOfficial
Hi,

We’re really sorry to hear about your experience with your current university. We hope you start to feel better soon :smile:

Is there anything we can do now to support your application process with us? Feel free to contact our Admissions team at any point, or if you have any other general queries :smile: [email protected]

Let us know if we can help,

Jemma

Hiya,

Thanks so much! Yes I have a few so I’ll be emailing in :smile:

Thanks ahain
Reply 4
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello - I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with your current university. It's understandable that you feel frustrated by their lack of flexibility and support, particularly during a difficult time when you are dealing with health issues. I had to change my course to part-time for health reasons, and my university was so flexible in adapting to my needs. It had to go through a formal process but was really helpful. I didn't know these options were available previously. It may be worth looking into if you decide to stay.

It's good that you're considering alternative options for improving your qualifications and applying to other universities. Taking courses to improve your A levels and GCSEs can be a smart move to strengthen your application for next year. It may be a stressful process, so please look after yourself along the way.

I wanted to share our Nursing Studies programme in case it was of interest: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/nursing-studies-registered-nurse-children-and-young-people-nursing

Please let me know if there is any way I can support you :smile:

Thanks,
Sam
MSc Psychology Student

Thanks for your message,

Yeah, I just think it’s really silly they don’t offer anything to students who are struggling to access their university. Unfortunately I don’t meet the requirements for the University of Surrey but I’d love to join!

Thanks

Hi @calamaricaity,

We're really sorry to hear about this, and we're always looking to learn from experiences and circumstances, therefore I have passed on the information to a number of teams who work with applicants through the interview processes.

If there is anyone you would like me to put you in touch with to further discuss the situation or any other way I can be of assistance then don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,
Helen - WolvesRep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending