The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

Hi, I’m currently in the midst of trying to transfer to a different uni. For the uni I am hoping to transfer to, I have to apply to through UCAS. I did apply for the uni that I’m hoping to go to last year when I was in college and they did offer me a place. My question is, do I change my personal statement, or keep it the same. I know I would have to mention about transferring but do I just keep it the same? Thank you!!
Reply 1
if it got you the offers last year id keep it the same, maybe adjust to any new work experience etc you have if its relevant
Original post by Ypoph
Hi, I’m currently in the midst of trying to transfer to a different uni. For the uni I am hoping to transfer to, I have to apply to through UCAS. I did apply for the uni that I’m hoping to go to last year when I was in college and they did offer me a place. My question is, do I change my personal statement, or keep it the same. I know I would have to mention about transferring but do I just keep it the same? Thank you!!

It’s your choice.

where I work a new application will show ALL personal statements so if you don’t make any amendments then that will be obvious and it will make staff wonder why you haven’t done anything new related to your chosen degree in the last year.
You can use the same statement if you wish, but many applicants update it with at least something relevant they’ve done in the interim.
Reply 4
And - you need to address why you are leaving your current course/Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending